Google

Sunday 15 February 2009

Horse Riding and the Time vs Money Debate

As a fellow Equestrian I was always looking for ways to improve my financial status so I can afford that extra bit of "gear" I need, or those extra lessons to "keep me on track". I have had jobs which paid me a reasonable wage which allowed me to keep my horse in the style to which it is accustomed, but didn't give me the time to actually go and ride it twice a week, let alone spend the hours required to train it to any sort of decent level.

Then again I have switched to part time or casual work so I had more time to ride....and.... you guessed it, I then couldn't afford the lessons or the "right" gear let alone the entry fee to get to the competitions I wanted to attend. I was only just being able to afford the adjustment and feed bill because god forbid the valued and much pampered equine (future star prospect) should actually lack for anything!

As I write this I wonder how many other future Dressage, Showjumping or Eventing stars are out there who have had the same experiences. I'm betting there are a few right? We live for our horses, our sport, those precious times when we win a medal or a ribbon and if we are Oh-so-lucky a few dollars of prize money!

Recently I decided to "take the stallion by the whatsits" and do something to change the revolving door of enough time, no money, or enough money, no time. Find out more about how I changed my destiny and improved my riding as well as my income with the same great business. Visit my website for more information.

By Lisa Smart

http://www.expectthebest4u.com

Your friend in the equine world

Lisa Smart from Langhorne Creek SA

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lisa_Smart

No comments: